Up-Coming Meetings for July 2011:
- Wednesday, July 20 at 5:30 pm – Traditional Worship Team Planning Meeting
- Thursday, July 21 at 6:30 pm – Trustees’ Meeting
- Sunday, July 24 at 5:00 pm – Contemporary Worship Team Planning Meeting
Up-Coming Events for July 2011:
- Pastor Dan will be at pastor training from July 17-19.
- Friday, July 22 – Sunday, August 1 – Czech Republic Mission Team
- Pastor Dan will be away from Fri., July 22 through Sat., July 30. If a need arises, please contact Tony Franklin, our Lay Leader.
- The Church Secretary will be on vacation from August 1 – August 5
Church Council will have a special called meeting on Thursday, August 4 at 6:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall for the purpose of determining whether to offer the parsonage for rent and related issues. Anyone is invited to attend the meeting and have a voice to share their thoughts. Voting on the issues is limited to Church Council members.
We celebrate the Czech Mission Team of our Johnson City District that includes five of our church members — Jennifer and Steven Skaggs (team leaders), Adam Stewart, and Amanda and Josh Franklin; as well as Cameron Bawgus and Rachel Hodge. From July 22 to August 1, they will be in mission with the people of Protivin in the Czech Republic. Through a sports/baseball camp and an English language camp, they will share the good news of God’s love in Jesus Christ in a country that is overwhelmingly atheistic. Please hold them in your prayers daily, as well as those persons they will encounter.
Our Czech Mission Team members are receiving donations of baseball equipment for their trip. They have also purchased T-shirts and hats for the Czech people as keepsakes. To assist financially with the expense of the T-shirts and hats, you can give a special offering payable to Bluff City UMC with “Czech T’s” in the memo line.